Thursday, December 3, 2009

Weekend in Lago Vista

We spent two nights in Lago Vista, at a lakeside resort. The trip was fraught with minor difficulties - my back rendering me useless for carrying anything, loud karaoke at the bar next door, not having access to the pool & spa because of a broken down keyless entry, etc. Not the best trip we've had, specially when you include the horrible stomach bug I got on Saturday. Yet, some fun pictures are ready to be shared :)

The view from our balcony was watery and tranquil. This was probably the nicest part of our condo rental.


Ro loved sticking his head out of the balcony bars, which made us a tad nervous. His entire body could have fit through the loosely spaced bars.

On Saturday we drove up the steepest hill in Lago Vista to go visit their municipal airport. Yes, it was MrM's idea :) But on our way down, I got to take pictures of the sweeping view of a green valley speckled with a few red trees.

Saturday afternoon we went to Flat Creek vineyards. It was a nicely built winery with a multi level tasting room and huge outdoor seating. Only MrM tasted the wines (I was still on potent meds for my back), and we call the verdict "Texas Wine". :)

Back at our resort, we saw tons of deer and this guy with rather impressive antlers struck a pose for us. Thanks, dude :)
I'm not too bummed that our holiday wasn't awesome. With all my body issues, it is a wonder we got out with our sanity intact. I'm on a quest to find a little local place we can keep going back to as a retreat. Something like what Lake Tahoe used to be for me when I lived in CA. My take away from this weekend was that we need a house, not a condo. And we either need to go without any dependents (dogs or kids) or if we take them, then we need to go with friends so that we have people to talk to while our kids play together.

1 comment:

Clarese said...

I'm sorry that your trip was not stellar. We had Flat Creek wine at the Outstanding in the Field event we attended. We like their almond infused sparkling white - not bad.