Monday, April 21, 2008

Girl on Wheels

The moment I send this URL out to my friends, everybody is going to wonder "Why Girl on Wheels?". If you look at my 8 month pregnant body right now, you really don't want me to be on wheels of any sort except my car.

Many moons ago I wrote an autobiographical novella (unpublished) called Girl on Wheels. I spent most of my life moving from city (or country) to city. Though we lived a few years in each city, it only gave time to find a good school, settle in, make a few friends, try to sign up for activities and then pack up again. A lot of who I am got defined by these moves and the 8 schools I attended from 1st grade to high school. I continued this moving trend for a while into my adulthood and wrote my novella when I was - I thought - at home in northern California. I lived there the longest I have lived in any one city and it was finally a place to call home. Needless to say, I moved again!

While the title of my page borrows from something written in the past, it is also indicative of the future contents of this blog. My thoughts and my writing, hitherto privately hosted, tend to flit from topic to topic, taking on a life on wheels themselves. I like to write about my hunka-hunka dogs, my husband Le Man, and my fetus (to be nick-named). I also need a place to write about movies I've seen, books I've read, things I've done recently and maybe things I've made or bought that I want to share. If I find a way to import my past blog entries, I'll add them on and try to date them appropriately. Till then, here we are, at the end of the first post from the girl on wheels.

No comments: