Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas pics and a thank you.

The Thank You first:
I usually respond to comments in the comment section of the post itself, but I wanted to use the space up here to thank everyone who responded via comments or in person to my "Where Are You From" post. It was eye-opening to read and I was surprised this wasn't a question targeted solely towards different-looking people. The question bothers me more now than it did years ago, perhaps because I've left my presumed home behind so long ago. And perhaps because more people in Austin ask this question of me than anyone in CA ever did. And lastly, in part because when someone in Austin asks me this question, I feel fake replying "Austin" when I haven't quite made it my home yet. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

On to the Christmas Fun!
We had a fairly quiet and home-bound weekend. We went on "family walks" into the greenbelt with Ro and the dogs. We dined and hung out with good friends. I re-entered the world of exercise with some elliptical work on Sat and a 2-mile walk on Sunday. What a huge change from being in a wheelchair just a month ago! Whee! My Sunday walk was just me and Kuttu. It felt like old times when he was my little baby and we hung out together all the time. I'm sure he felt it too, except for the annoying (for him) parts where I called him Ro instead of Kuttu. Poor pup! :)

Since there must be holiday silliness, I leave you with these fashion statements. What can I say - everybody needed leg warmers.

Notice the tiny hand trying to pull a stocking off Kuttu!
Pixel only relented for a minute, and only with one leg. His other leg wasn't cold, he said.

And finally - for those who enjoy looking at pictures, I have a new shoot up on my photoblog - Andi's vintage pinup shoot. I have three more shoots to post - I've been a busy girl!

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Hema said...

hahaha..quite funny! That's a nice christmas snap.