Outdoor hobbies have also come & gone in waves. For a while I was totally into riding motorcycles (gave it up after moving to Texas - way too hot for bike clothes), got certified for diving, and learnt to ski (the one thing I continue to keep up with it as much as possible). There are other random things I've tried, like windsurfing, which didn't quite work out well for me. Nevertheless, I like the trying part quite a bit too. Now that I am in Austin, I have kayak that gets to meet Town Lake once in a while and maybe I'll talk myself into water skiing.
I also love to read and watch movies, and intend to make a sticky book review and movie review post eventually.
When I am not doing all this, I am happily living life with my husband who gets referred to as MrM, maugi or Le Man depending on my mood. Of course, the crown jewels of our lives are our two dogs Kuttu & Pixel. They keep me on my feet, they keep me humble, and they also keep me feeling very loved and important every time I walk in through the door. I can't believe I lived half my life being scared of dogs. I'm sure as hell working hard to make up for lost time!
Soon there will be one more member out in the daylight - BTB (Baby to Be) is expected in May 08. Then I will be overwhelmingly outnumbered: 1 girl to 4 boys (the dogs insist that neutered dogs are boys too). I'm looking forward to it. :)
Edit 6/15/09: I can't believe I never updated this, but clearly, BTB is here in person. Ro is 13 months old - I can't believe he has already had a birthday! I've revived my old hobby of photography and am pretty active with my camera. I love taking pictures of humans and dogs alike. After a long baby-induced hiatus, I'm back to regular workouts, lots of reading, and my usual style of no-time-to-spare life. If you've been reading my blog over the past year, none of this is news to you!
Edit 6/15/09: I can't believe I never updated this, but clearly, BTB is here in person. Ro is 13 months old - I can't believe he has already had a birthday! I've revived my old hobby of photography and am pretty active with my camera. I love taking pictures of humans and dogs alike. After a long baby-induced hiatus, I'm back to regular workouts, lots of reading, and my usual style of no-time-to-spare life. If you've been reading my blog over the past year, none of this is news to you!
3 comments:
This is a wonderful introduction. You've done so much with and for yourself that you make me feel like a lazy slob. :) Keep up the great blogging.
I came across your blog through wildtomato whose blog is a daily read of mine. I just HAD to write to tell you how much I love your blog especially the dogs and baby pics! I love your puppinses and your baby is absolutely gorgeous! We have a 4 y/o yellow Lab (just like your Kuttu)and he is an absolute joy. I'm looking forward to starting my own chef real soon and reading your blog daily. Take care and God Bless. Leesie
Thank so much for your feedback Leesie! Glad you enjoy my blog. If you have a dog like Kuttu, then your life is already pretty good :) Keep visiting and say hello whenever you can!
Post a Comment