Love: Anyone who has pumped breastmilk knows that it is a labor of love. Nothing but the face of the little baby you love will make you do this. Imagine then, after 2 months of daily pumping, freezing and planning for the future, you discover your work was in vain...
Lipase: I'll be returning to work soon and in preparation for that, we started the routine of thawing frozen milk for bottle feeding. RoRo is used to the bottle but he refused frozen milk one pouch after another. MrM and I decided to taste this unwanted milk and almost gagged. That's when I met pet peeve #27 = Lipase. Apparently some women produce this in amounts that makes the milk fat break down faster than normal. Extensive "Google research" points to this theory. So I have vast amounts of healthy milk in the freezer that is completely unpalatable. Excellent.
Lindt: In a woman's worst moments, like when she discovers that her 2 months' milk supply is going to be wasted, chocolate takes some of the edge off. Thank goodness then that one of our friends sent us a delicious collection of Lindt bars to celebrate the arrival of RoRo. Lindt Chili is my favorite and has been keeping my spirits from sinking. Do yourself a favor and eat some!

2 comments:
Oh no. I remember those pumping days - and then to lose it all! You poor thing. (((hugs)))
What a rotten, awful turn of events. Bah.
At least you have the chocolate. I'll have to find that flavor! I'm a big fan of Dagoba Xocolatl (chocolate and chilie bar). I've never seen the Lindt one before!
Post a Comment