Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Wedding at Madurai

We spent a weekend in Madurai, a town about an hour's flight away from Chennai. The town was surprisingly green and beautiful, and the wedding venue was an incredible resort. So far, my vacation has been wonderful, except for the fact that my back is acting up pretty badly now and motrin isn't making a dent in my (in-)ability to stand up.

Luckily I am in India and I don't need to go see a doctor as long as I know exactly what medication I want to consume. So, lets all say a collective thanks to the pharmacy that delivers prednisone to my doorstep. After all, they made sitting in this chair and posting to my blog possible :) Madurai in pictures:

Ro playing his own version of pool at the hotel's lounge.

The view from the hotel's dining patio
My friend and his gorgeous Bavarian bride.
Ro and I. I forgot a critical part of my saree (the blouse) so I had to downgrade my glam rating and wear this outfit instead :)
View from the balcony outside our room.
Tons of peacocks in the resort. I caught this one mid-jump.
Ficus benghalensis. I wish Texas had these instead of live oak.
Arrangement of lotuses at entrance to the wedding.
The famous Madurai Meenakshi temple. North entrance in the foreground.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: