Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Slow cooker Pulled Pork

For a change, here is a recipe I stayed rather true to :)
This Carolina Pulled Pork recipe was amazing! I served it with mini buns and lettuce, the red sauce described in the recipe and a spicy salt lick sauce because the red sauce seemed a little too liquid for the expected use.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Carolina-Pulled-Pork-Sandwiches-101803

Changes? Okay, a few.

1) I did the dry rub and the marinade. Dry rub was done at night at the pork sat in the fridge overnight. The next morning I tossed it in the slow cooker with 1.5x the amount of marinade the recipe asks for

2) I added purple onions to the recipe

3) I added a peach to the recipe and used it to line the cooker as well as fill any crevices I could find on the meat.

I think for my tendency to change recipes, this counts as being pretty true to it. It was delicious!

Slow cooker lined with onions and peach slices
Pork, after absorbing the dry rub overnight
Ready to start cooking, with marinade poured in
No pictures of the shredded final version because however amazing pulled pork may taste, it just isn't a photogenic dish.

No comments: