Monday, August 16, 2010

It feels like plucking hair

Those were the famous (but not last) words of my dermatologist.

I have many age spots on my face, but one started lightening, growing, then darkening. I made an appt to get it seen & possibly removed. Turns out it was a skin tag. That's right, I'm turning into my dog, Kuttu, who has skin tags and fatty lumps that coordinate nicely with mine.

One look and my dermatologist declared it was benign and the best way to remove it would be to snip it with scissors. No numbing shots because the shot would hurt more. No numbing cream because they take an hour to numb. He asked me if I had ever had a baby and assured me it wouldn't compare to that (yay?). Then he picked up his gleaming pair of scissors and said "it will feel like plucking a hair out".

Nurse held my hands down, I lay in pretend calm while the doctor said "1..2..3..". I flinched. Nothing happened. I relaxed. He snipped the sucker off.

No comments: