This Saturday evening I decided it was time for all of us to go on a walk. We went for an off-leash romp near our home, strollering Ro till the trailhead. It was so much fun being able to go out as one big family of five! I must have repeated "we should do this more often" many times on our way home.
The kids aren't that different from each other after all. Take a look at their copycat expressions.
Our play sessions have improved as well. Ro climbs on the dogs, checks in with me to see if he is being gentle enough, tests his boundaries by smacking their heads. On the sweet side, he plays fetch with Pixel, and Pixel has started dropping the ball when he sees Ro bouncing over screaming "baaa(ll)". Life seems to be getting more and more enjoyable. I'm sure there was a point a couple of months ago when the dogs were ready to pack their bags and leave us for better parents, but I think they'll stay!
In the interest of full disclosure, I will say that not all things are equal between the human and canine kids. K&P have to wait outside the dining area while Ro is eating. They are usually in a down stay and get to come in once Ro has eaten. I call them the cleaning staff and they help remove all food residue from the floor. This is their usual position, at the very edge of the carpet that delineates the living area from the dining. And this is their usual incredulous expression:


1 comment:
What a great idea to include the entire family in your walks. I laughed all the way through this one Meera! I just love the copy cat expressions photo - too sweet ;o) Oh, those puppinses faces...
Post a Comment