Monday, August 17, 2009

Saturday, in pictures

A week ago, I broke down and hired an interior designer to come color-scheme my house. She picked paint colors for every room and was totally worth it just for the impossible-to-color kitchen.

Last year we got new Silestone counters speckled with blue and brown and reddish maple cabinetry. While the kitchen looked great, the red and blue tones were making it really hard to pick colors not just for the kitchen, but for the bar facing it (used to be a pale green).

This Saturday, a friend and I worked for 6 hours painting my kitchen in the colors from my new home palette. Here we go!




A peek into the kitchen. Light is coming from almost above me, so the back end is in shadow. This is how it looks most of the day.


A slightly underexposed image, captures the tonality of the purple better. You can see how it looks with the counter (bottom left of photo), the back splash tiles and the wood cabinet.
Another cabinet-paint-tile view, with one of the accent tiles shown.

Purple kitchen, silestone counter and the new teal-gray bar color.
I repainted the trim and the underside of the bar counter which was exposed ply wood. This image gives an idea of all the colors within the kitchen: purple walls, reddish cabinet, blue-brown counter, white trim and teal-gray bar. This image again is slightly underexposed and more representative of how the gray looks at the bottom right corner.

I like the results a lot. The bar looked scarily greenish while it was going on, but I am really loving how it looks. Next up - green paint for the walkway behind the kitchen, which will change how the view into the far end looks.

1 comment:

Hema said...

wow... it looks surprisingly good!