Thursday, August 6, 2009

Soba noodles with zucchini

As a consequence of my fat-counting phase, I find myself ready to whip up recipes out of thin air. This past week's CSA delivery had (among other things) zucchinis and mild peppers in it. So I took out my buckwheat soba noodles (I forget the number but they were less than 1g of fat per serving), boiled them, and topped them with a light saute of:

roasted sesame seeds
zucchini
edamame
mild peppers (cut in really thin strips)
teriyaki sauce (biggest fat offender)
mirin

In a swift multi-cuisine move, I set a jar of sambal oelek (chilli paste) on the table for MrM so he wouldn't complain about the food not being spicy, and proceeded to enjoy my colorful, steaming meal.

PS: It has often been noted that I can't reproduce most of my creations because I don't write recipes down. This is one of those occasions. If I had written a recipe down, I would have altered its destiniy such that it would never have been cooked again anyway.

1 comment:

Clarese said...

Sounds and looks really yummy.