2 years ago, I toiled over this mosaic for more than 30 hours. The background just killed me, with tiny curvy pieces that I cut out to mimic waves instead of going with a random "smash it with a hammer" approach. After I made it, it felt like we never found the right spot for it. It languished behind my couch for a long time. On Saturday, when I was out rug shopping, I picked up some picture hooks. I got vetoed on the "30 lbs" hooks and instead we used our 50lbs drywall screws (the mosaic weighs 15 lbs because of its 1/2" plywood base) and finally gave the mermaid air time. She proudly adorns our dining room wall now.

In other home decor news, my orchids are still blooming! I should have always bought phalaenopsis and not tortured myself with the oncidium that might oblige me once a year. Backlit by our window, also in the dining room:

And finally, just because they are so cute together, Ro hanging out with his brothers who are exhausted after a walk. (This picture credits to mrM)
2 comments:
Meera, that mosaic is amazing! Realy beautiful.
That is a pretty piece of art and certainly deserves a space on your wall. Love the picture of the Band of Brothers, lol...
Post a Comment