I think this might have been the longest break I've taken from blogging. I haven't posted since last Saturday! The week somewhat crashed in on us.
When the previous post appeared here, we were in fact off on a camping trip with Ro. It was a trip of many firsts. First time we flew with Ro in a 4-seater, by ourselves. First time we went camping with Ro. First time he got to wear his life vest and go deeper than his height in water. He was awesome in the plane. The first 10 minutes I could see the noise bothered him (the engine tends to be loud during takeoff). He refused to wear his headsets and kept yanking them off. We had wisely decided that instead of being co-pilot, I would sit in the back seat with Ro. He was packed in his infant car seat. I cupped my hands over his ears and gave him relief from the noise. This worked very well and he fell asleep with his sweet face in my hands, only waking up an hour later when we hit bumps pre-landing.
Camping was a blast. He slept nicely in the tent, occasionally crawling over us. He enjoyed the lake swim, went exploring in the overgrown areas behind the campsite and played with his friends. Flight back was as uneventful as the flight out and we all came home tired & happy on Sunday.
However, on Tuesday morning Ro came down with really high temps. We had to pull him out of daycare since his fever was high. We kept him home the rest of the week with the thermometer screeching high pitched warnings as it registered numbers touching 105. It wasn't pretty. We let him sleep in our bed and set our alarm to wake us up every two hours and check his temps. After two nights of burning hell, the numbers decided to drop into the safe 102 range. By Friday morning he was completely fever-free but couldn't go to day care since he had fever the night before. We finally returned to life on Saturday, very beat, very under-slept and unrested, but happy to be over the hump. We treated ourselves to a relatively quiet weekend.
Friday night the dogs & I went for a walk to scope out places for a future photoshoot. They modeled very nicely and I can't wait to post pictures! They are the best trial-models ever and sit patiently while you imagine how you would frame humans in the scene.
I went for a fun salsa-aerobics class Saturday morning. My hips are a little sore from all the gyrating :) I visited Mighty Cone on my way home (despite the fact that I hate Hudsons) and got two yummy cones for lunch. The rest of the day was at home, clearing clutter. Sunday morning - a photo shoot, lunch & lazy afternoon at home where I got to race xbox cars with a friend and then an evening out where we got to see 4 other baby friends of Ro. A fun end to an exhausting week. It was my night last night (we alternate baby-duty) and Ro mercifully slept till 5am, a sign that he is coming off his fever-induced distress and will be back to sleeping through the night in a day or two.
MrM and I started this week feeling behind on life - a bad sign for a Monday! That in a nutshell is why I've been quiet out here. I'll be back soon with a bunch of pictures.
2 comments:
Why do you you hate Hudson's? We love that place...
We went there once a while ago. The meat platter wasn't delicious, I had a really chewy cut of lamb. The service was poor - our waitress never asked us how the food was and never refilled our wine glasses. None of this is acceptable to me at their prices. The restaurant was empty and the maitre'd was chatting up the table next to ours while completely ignoring us. Made us feel discriminated against. All in all, it ruined a special occasion dinner for us. That sums it up. But perhaps we just had lemon-people waiting on us since you say you love it.
Post a Comment