Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

To take a break from our routine coffee & toast breakfast, we decided to go all Hobbit-like for Father's Day. We were both up early (Ro and I at 5:45, MrM at 7), had coffee, hung out with the pups. Then we headed out for "second breakfast" to Panera Bread. Since I had already eaten a moderately healthy first breakfast (whole wheat toast with gooseberry jam), I went all out and got an apple pastry. MrM bought himself a sandwich to go for lunch and Ro had the snacks we brought for him.

Ro enjoying the patio of Panera Bread


MrM blowing raspberries on his belly

I love the whole expression of restrained happiness on Ro's face. Like he is too grown up to laugh.

From there, MrM went on to his gliding club while I came home (I spend about 25% of my annual weekend days alone from morning to an hour past sundown while MrM schmoozes with his first love aka flying. Yes, pity me.). Ro went down to sleep right away (still sleeping as I type this) so I decided to clean the patio.

I busted 7 mud dauber homes, one of them a 4-plex. I was really nervous doing this - bugs and larvae make me very squeamish. That done, I swept the patio down and was sad to find this poop-bag-holder that I crochet'd months ago sitting in the corner with other almost-trash stuff. It is hard to survive if only one of the adults in the house likes you.

Getting over myself, I continued cleaning. I found an abandoned floating candle bowl that had started doubling as an ash-tray for parties lying cracked under the BBQ. Did someone break it and feel guilty telling me? Anyway, as I picked it up to throw it away, I found this guy sitting under it. I had to run into the house to collect my breath!

He promptly hopped under the BBQ grill and then made his way to freedom. Good thing he did that because I had no idea what to do with him.

All that done, I am now sitting sipping my cold Panera bread coffee, editing pictures and enjoying the short spell of silence I have left till Ro wakes up. 

Happy Father's Day to my dad and to all my friends who are dads. Hope you enjoy the day with your little ones!

No comments: