I've been desperately trying to catch up with life since my return from Denver. One of the things on my list was to go flying with my flight instructor to get checked out on a new (for me) plane, the Cessna 172. We weren't able to finish this (Club checkout ride) along with my biannual flight review because we ran out of time to do the required number of landings.
But this was my third canceled flight this past month. First time: passenger seat broken, instructor couldn't sit properly. Second time: Couple of instruments weren't functional. Third time (this Monday night): The plane I was booked on was down for maint. They rescheduled me on the broken seat plane. We finally found another plane to fly, fueled up, started the engine and a huge cloud of fire came out. We didn't see it but a bunch of ground crew waved us to cut off the engine. No other planes were available.
My life as a pilot is really jinxed. I'm trying so hard to keep the spirits up, but things are literally going up in smoke. Hello! Who has such crappy luck? MrM has been flying for more than 20 years and even he agrees this is extraordinarily annoying. And he's a little bit jealous that nothing as exciting as a fire has ever happened to him.
The only bright side? I can dream about Adam Lambert singing Ring of Fire to me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment