Front view - one zippered pocket on the front

Velcro as well as a clip closure. This allows you to just use the velcro if you will be opening the bag a lot.
It has a carry handle cleverly built into the back wall rather than the middle of the top part. This prevent the bag from tipping forward and flying open if you use the handle with the flap unfastened.
You can see pictures of the interior at Tamrac's site. I bought the bag at Amazon - they had the best price at the time I bought it.
Pros:
1) Padded dividers with enough smaller dividers that enable stacking lenses one over the other.
2) Ample small compartments for cards, batteries, a cell phone etc.
3) Light weight, easy to keep flap open while changing lenses.
4) Bag doesn't scream "Camera bag! Steal me!"
Cons:
1) Not big enough to hold a laptop, if you need to have one with you.
The photographers at my workshop who had larger lenses were carried Crumpler 7 Million dollar bags. They come with a larger price tag, and it is up to you to decide what you need. The Crumpler bags have enough room to hold you water bottle, a snack, etc.
The "very pro" photographers had hard cases with rolling wheels or giant backpacks (didn't see the brand). I haven't looked into that since I don't have use for it.
I was able to fit the following in my bag and had no space to spare:
2 DSLR bodies and the following lenses:
18-55mm
28mm
50mm
70-210mm
55-200mm (the VR lens)
In summary, I like my bag a lot and it was perfect for my use case. In my future adventures in photography, I see it serving me for a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment