Wednesday, January 12, 2011

La Patisserie - yay for French bakeries

Love at first bite!

We went on a slow Sunday morning, kid in tow, and ordered a pear almond brioche (me), almond croissant (husband) and pain au chocolat (kidlet).

The brioche was rich and buttery, with fresh tasting pieces of pear in it. It was a perfect accompaniment to my well made cappuccino.

The almond croissant was soft and very almondy. I cannot review it fairly because I have limited tolerance for almonds, but the husband said it was "extremely authentic and delicious".

Pain au chocolat was excellent and I managed to get a bite before my kid ate it.

Even the simple cafe au lait that my husband had was well prepared with the happy aroma of fresh coffee.

We loved the bright and inviting ambiance. They have a small kids play area where my tot was happily entertained. Service was courteous and timely. I ordered macarons to go, and they tasted delicious. Their texture was good, but I hesitate to say they were perfect. It could have been the long ride home because I have ordered macarons from Luxe (their kitchen back end) and I remember them as being very good.

Now the downside - I am worried about the viability of a place with three (I think?) tables, two small rooms, and negligible patio space. If business picks up, this could turn into the kind of place I would avoid because of long lines. However, during the quiet morning we chose to visit, it was the perfect place for my second breakfast.


No comments: