Butternut Squash soup with ginger: I modified this recipe by removing shrimps and instead adding the ginger directly to the soup pot. All veggies (squash, garlic, shallots) were oven roasted for convenience. I used whatever herbs I had at hand and once my soup was ready, I added a 1/4 cup cream to it and whipped it. The soup became nice and fluffy (I just mixed cream in with the stick blender that I was using the pureee my soup). Delicious, light, and flavorful.
With the other half of my supply, I made roasted cheesy squash. And you know what, I pretty much followed the recipe to the dot. It helped that it was simple and didn't provide scope for improvisation. And as usual, I didn't have any sage so I tossed in whatever herby things first crossed my path.
Both recipes were fun to eat and kid friendly. Jackpot!
2 comments:
Mmm! I love squash!
Butternut is my favorite winter squash. I try to by small ones so the chopping ins't too difficult, but it's still a chore. Sunny cowers and leaves the room whenever I chop a butternut squash :(
I will have to try the cheesy squash recipe. Looks like a perfect dish for a cold evening!
Post a Comment