Sunday, January 30, 2011

Henna, gym, speeding, etc.

A couple of days ago I found myself incredibly bored, and decided to doodle on myself. The henna has finally faded, so I guess it is time for a new design :) Here is the design with the henna paste still drying on my palm.


My henna was the subject of much random interest. I was at the gym two Fridays ago, having my first ever (in a decade) personal training session. My trainer and I were side by side on foam rollers, torturing my IT band, when he suddenly goes "So, can I ask you about your hand?". Various thoughts went through my head before I realized he was curious about the henna. I guess I was just glad he was asking ABOUT my hand, and not FOR it :)

One thing I recently knocked off my "never done before" list is that I got my very first speeding ticket. First they build and awesome curvy course like 2222, then they put sneaky cops on it. Whatever. So there I am, quietly wearing the look of resigned guilt, when the cop goes "Where are you from?". And I was all "There we go again". I said I was born Indian (I was wondering if this was an immigration test or small talk). Then he said "Yeah - I saw a documentary about henna art and they said it was very common in India and even north Africa. That is why I asked". Well officer, I can trade you a henna lesson for a ticket. No? Fine, be that way.

3 comments:

Molly said...

How pretty!!! Sorry about the ticket.

wildtomato said...

Oooh, pretty doodles! Bummer about that ticket, though.

Clarese said...

Beautiful design! TX police officers seem to never let drivers get away with a warning.