Ganglion Cysts: I have had one of these (an accumulation of fluids from tendons, typically around the wrist) on my left wrist for a while. I am attributing it to Wii boxing, but I don't know if repetitive use is a cause for it. A few days ago Renee told me that if it is a cyst it can be whacked with a book. I referenced Google (of course) and sure enough, the options are to aspirate it (if it is still liquid, but that leaves an intact sack behind for next cyst), smash it (barbaric, but nicely damages the sack and can break a gelatinous cyst too) or surgically remove it (I hate visiting my doctor). I chose barbaric whacking. Last night we got a heavy book - a German hardcover on Greece (it would have been too symbolic to whack me with a bible, for those of you who know the biblical cyst term) and I had MrM whack me. Ouch ouch ouch. He was very contrite and almost in tears from having to whack me, which made it all the more hilarious. Me getting whacked, then screaming and then comforting him so he wouldn't feel bad. Cyst is still around as of this morning. Please do not Google images - there are some really gross ones. I'll link the closest google match here for anyone who is curious:
External view: Click here for non-surgical image
Surgical view of the gelatinous version: Click here for surgical (blood & gore) image
Burnt and Burning: This was the topic of a long blog post, but I'm presenting the precis-writing version here. My motto so far has been "Making life busier one obsession at a time". Looks like I took it too far with weekly photoshoots and hours of editing, to where "Burnt and Burning" became my new life-style. I put an end to it by forcing myself to space out photo shoots, and add some slowness to my life. It has been working pretty well for me. I also badly needed a break from my routine and I traveled to Moab with Renee for a fun and active trip while our husbands watched our babies. I have a whole post's worth to say about Moab, but here is a sneak peak of our favorite part - walking the slot canyons off San Rafael Swell, 1.5 hours away from Moab. Incredible!


Reunion with Ro: Little Ro missed me a lot while I was gone. He ran around the living room and bedroom calling out for his mama. So much so that one day MrM put me on speakerphone, and for the first time ever, Ro actually talked to me on the phone (usually he just smiles at it). He kept saying mama, and answered "ya" when I asked if he had eaten yogurt. He also make a little trotting sound when I asked him what a horse said. It was so cute! He ended with a very nice "bye bye". He has been giving me tons of hugs since I came back.
Ro update: He did something new today - he opened a door which has a knobby-knob (instead of door handle, which is easier to open). I guess shutting him in his room won't be an option while transitioning to a big boy bed :) He has always been interactive with the dogs, insisting on playing fetch with them. Last night he showed something new - being protective. K&P were wrestling and at one point Pixel had Kuttu's entire head in his mouth. Ro almost burst into tears, pointing at them and whimpering "Kuttu, Kuttu". I had to break up playtime to make Ro's world good again. This morning he watched the dogs closely as they ate. Kuttu always finishes first and Ro picked up his bowl, looked at me and said "More". Left to him, we'll have a very fat lab :) He then watched Pixel finish, picked up both their bowls and put them away. Who doesn't need a baby who cleans up?!
That about sums up this short week. Pictures from Moab will be here soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment