Saturday, November 7, 2009

Milano Cafe: Restaurant review

A new Italian eatery has opened so close to where we live that I had to visit them 3 times last week! They have a straightforward dining area with mostly 4-seater tables, and a retro styled cafe area, with couches, low chairs and fun decor. I love their pale teal walls with chocolate ceilings - my perfect room :) Here is one of their giant art displays and their ikea-esque lamps (looks like an earring on the girl in the painting).
On the first visit, we tried their Insalata Milano with eggplants & red peppers. YUMMY. We also tried their mozzarella bruschetta which was tasty. We bought red wine from the store next door and they gave us an opener and wine glasses. No corkage fee.

My second visit there was a solo visit to have a coffee break on while MrM watched Ro for a while. I took a book and settled myself into this comfy coffee-shop half of their cafe and enjoyed a giant cappuccino. There were 2 other groups of people there that evening, making it not too quiet and not too noisy. Perfect for reading a book (Consider the Lobster, essays by David Wallace).


Our third visit was Sunday lunch. The place was really quiet and we were fairly early. MrM ordered a pasta and I ordered a pizza. They offered a complimentary Nutella crepe for Ro which he (and I) loved.

Chocolate faced-Ro

My Pizza Marguerite. Excellent taste!

Ro's Nutella crepe
They also have a bookshelf in there with a couple of kids books. Ro had a great time helping himself to their books and I read to him for a while. It was a very nice was to start our Sunday.

I hope Milano Cafe gets lots of patrons and stays around. I love having them around the corner. Maybe I should pay them a visit on my way home tonight!

1 comment:

MrM said...

It's a really nice little cafe.
Heading there for lunch right now. :)