Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Time for a Ro update

On our commute this morning, both Ro and I were vigorously nodding our heads to Shakira and I kept wishing I had a video camera mounted in my car. Kids are like pets - by the time you've run over to get a camera they have changed positions and are sitting around licking themselves. At least the dogs are.

Ro's latest word is poo-poo. Yes, that's right. Once he has had a BM he looks at me with big round eyes and says "poo poo". I say "Let's go get you a clean diaper!" and then he takes off running towards the changing table. Quite a change from the guy who threw a hissy fit every time I wanted to change him. Every once in a while he gets confused by a violent fart, but in general he is spot on with his digestive tract. I love it!

On the potty trend, MrM got a bit ahead of himself and bought Ro a baby poo pot (the small plastic thing kids sit on that parents fight each other over for cleaning). It sits in our guest bath and whenever MrM or I go in there, Ro follows us in and squats on it. With his clothes & diaper on. Its pretty cute seeing him get excited about imitating us. One day we'll train him to use it the way it is intended :)

Ro has just entered the soft toy attachment phase. Yes, I coined that phase name. He carries a stuffie around, hugs his giant Pluto dog to sleep, and has a mutant tiger stuffy (which he calls Meow) which he hugs during his commute. Last morning he insisted on carrying it into daycare and cried when I took it away. Poor baby. He has also started loving blankets. I bought him a light knit blanket for his crib. I also whipped out the tag blanket I had made for him (last pic in this blog post) and gave it to him this morning. He hugged it all the way to day care. Makes me melt.

He is developing strong preferences in food and a healthy love of ketchup. He loves roasted veggies. And he knows what "yogurt" is. His hand signs for "more" and "milk" have finally fallen into place. It is so cute seeing him stab one hand with another asking for more of something. I highly encourage all parents of pre-wordy babies to use hand signs. They seem to catch on so much earlier!

Lastly, we went to a pumpkin patch last weekend and he was Squirt the turtle from Nemo. Thanks to Renee for the costume, or Ro would have been wearing "PJ couture" again this year :)



And for reference, here he is at the Oct 2008 Pumpkin Patch, dressed in jammies and a super cute bunny hat made by auntie wildtomato.


3 comments:

Clarese said...

Holy smoke, he's growing so fast!! I thought you were going to say that Mr. M has learned to say "poo poo," too. I'm very glad your post did not go in that direction.

D.P. Lorra said...

He is one handsome little guy! BTW, I don't recommend taking video while driving, but can't say I have not done it... check out Lil' A in this one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=063kEFA1eAI

Meera said...

A's video is so cute! I was wishing I had a camera mounted somewhere that I could use - I definitely don't plan on driving and recording all at once. I drive too fast for that :)