Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New obsession - Amigurumi

Friends don't let friends stagnate without a new hobby. Wildtomato has turned me on to Amigurumi, which I will loosely translate into "super-cute Japanese knitted & crocheted dolls". Here is a blog that should tell you what Amigurumi looks like and make you realize (as I did) how the world would be incomplete without a few dolls of your own! Yes, I have a new obsession and I am going to get that book. I already sent Le Man a not-so-subtle hint to which I expect a response like "So why don't you just buy it?".

Love in the times of practicality.

PS: Former hobbies that have been suspended due to pregnancy include - reading (I cry too easily now), Sudoku (preggo brain fog), watching movies (too sleepy), flying (too tired, too motion sick), and piano classes (too tired to practice). Hey, at least I am still alive, sewing and crocheting. It is all about setting the right expectations!

Pictures of recent sewing projects:
Tote bag:


Blankie mania:






1 comment:

wildtomato said...

I'll admit that I am an enabler, so don't ever count on me to talk you out of anything! I cannot wait to see your amigurumi.