Friday, October 16, 2009

Shrimp Vindaloo

Though rare of late, I do have my moments when I feel like cooking dinner by myself. Monday evening was one of those days. Ro was playing by himself, I was home early and mrM was working late. I tossed a bunch of cauliflower and broccoli florets in the oven after seeing Ro clean out the bowl of cauliflowers at Renee's. Clearly my child was flower-deprived.

Since roasting in the oven leaves you with time to do more, I dug around in my freezer for stuff and found a half bag of raw shrimp. I set them in cool water to thaw and searched my head for possible shrimp dishes. I came up with the idea of shrimp vindaloo and google led me to this recipe:
http://www.recipezaar.com/Shrimp-Vindaloo-92346

I was true to the recipe except for (and with me, there is always an except) tomatoes. I replaced the 28oz canned tomatoes with 7 oz canned tomatoes and 2 fresh tomatoes. I had initially wanted to find a recipe I could stick in the already-warm oven in my soup pot, but shrimp cooks so fast that I didn't need to do that. Super easy, quick and delicious!

Pictures of the meal. Ro had finished his dinner by the time we started eating this, but he came back for cauliflowers and ate all he could find on my plate. The broccoli was rejected.




Photo notes: Both these photos were taken using a flashlight to create the spot lighting effect.

1 comment:

wildtomato said...

The spotlight makes me think that some smart burglar is casing your house for your home cooking. As many times as I have roasted cauliflower, I have never roasted broccoli. Hm...