Friday, October 9, 2009

Wii: Post Script

I wish I had waited a day to write my previous post. Then, I would have known better than to make any mention of practice, skills or technique because it turns out I don't possess as much as I thought I did. I was humbled and defeated at every round of tennis or boxing I played in last night's multi-couple Wii party.

I can almost see myself reclining in a 1960's therapists office, lighting my cigarette and mumbling through the smoke clouds about how this reminds me of always being the last person to get picked during volleyball (or any other game) team selections. And then the therapist calls my handsome husband Don Draper and tells him what I said, adding that perhaps he should play with his left hand while twirling scotch with his right hand to give me a bit of a leg up. Oh wait, that's a TV show. Never mind.

I'll leave this post brief with one little blurb that Wii should have put in there along with "Are you wearing your wrist strap" and "Why not take a short break". If you are playing against someone you intend to live with, perhaps you shouldn't get all self-congratulatory every time you fire a winner across the court, and perhaps you shouldn't shout "Nice!" or "That's it!" every time the Person-You-Intend-To-Live-With misses or wrongly places a shot. Otherwise you might find yourself replaced by a bot.

No comments: