Monday, July 13, 2009

Trip to Fredericksburg

To make my summer of single-mom weekends more bearable, I decided to go with Ro and check out a vineyard in Fredericksburg with some friends. We went to Becker vineyards and the tasting room was big and spacious with no chairs/stools and lots of glass to break. Since I was also the designated driver, I figured it would be best to not drink. Instead I hung out on the porch, watched Ro play, and thought back longingly to the mojitos of Friday night :)

The clouds and corn fields were calling to be photographed and I stopped to shoot these.
View to my front
View out the window

View up close

I settled on a bench and after acclimating to the 100 deg weather I took a few more pictures. I guess this post is allowed to be photo-heavy since the last 3 weren't :)


The B&B at Becker
Beautiful setting, prepared to be gawked at by camera wielding wine-tasters.

Ro on a bench

Ro, through the bench
Ro squirming off the bench
And one more, just because he is cute :)

The baby was perfect - slept on the 75 minute drive out, played like crazy at the winery's garden and then munched on goldfish crackers on the drive back. I don't take any credit for his awesomeness, but I am certainly thankful!

1 comment:

Clarese said...

I love wineries! When you make it out this way, I'll have to take you to Enoch's Stomp and/or Los Pinos - both very pretty wineries out here.