Friday, July 3, 2009

Indian food in South Austin: Eva B's bakery

Commentary by Ro:

Hey folks, there is Indian food in South Austin! Does it make you wide-eyed with wonder?

I saw my parents eat egg curry, butter chicken, friend rice & naan. They said the food tasted very good but the naan had room for improvement.
I didn't eat much except my own fingers.
But my parents looked happy and this made me kiss the windows with happiness.

Meera says: Ha! Yes, MrM and I went to Eva B's bakery on South Congress at Oltorf. I knew of this place because they cater breakfast at my office and I am willing to go out of my way to support Indian food in S. Austin! We need it.

The food was tasty, but pricey for lunch at $10 per fixed-portion plate. We went on a Saturday - don't know if the price is any different on a weekday. We had egg curry and butter chicken, both made well. The naan was a little flat (literally) and they are working on improving their recipe. The menu varies daily so you will want to call ahead if you have food restrictions. Other than Indian food, they also make kolaches (their main business) and paninis.

Food gets a lot of points from me. We will be going there again.

No comments: