I made a variant of a pasta-cruda recipe I found on Epicurious. I needed something easy, fresh, summery and delicious.
Prepare 1 lb pasta (I used farfalle) as directed. Drain, reserving water. Add back about 2 cups water into the pasta. (I used the water in which I had just blanched asparagus, to tie the flavors together. You can just use the water you drained from your pasta)
Salsa cruda
Mix together the following ingredients:
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
12 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained. (I chopped some of the huge pcs)
4-5 pcs sundried tomatoes, few chopped finely, few in chunks
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/3 cup low-fat Feta
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped in strips
small sprig of fresh rosemary
Salt & Pepper to taste
I let the salsa cruda sit for the 12 minutes it took to prepare the pasta. Add to pasta, mix, taste for S&P. Served with a side of asparagus spears which were blanched and then tossed with butter, garlic, S&P.
It was delicious & felt very fresh and summery to eat. The original recipe would, I am sure, be just as good!
PS: Blogger scheduling is acting up AGAIN. Grrrrr
No comments:
Post a Comment