Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Random food related purchases

Move over, cloth bags! I got these small folding crates (with handles) from the Container Store and took them shopping to Whole Paycheck last night. They work fabulously for short shopping lists, and nothing gets crushed in the car when my stroller swings into my groceries during a particularly non-mommy-like turn. I'm very pleased with my purchase

It also extends entertainment value of the grocery ritual. Set it on the table and let your toddler (who is not allowed to stand on chairs) unpack it for you. After getting my Mango Tango smoothie & Agave Nectar out, he was very frustrated at not being able to get the gallon of milk out.
By the way, what on Earth does one do with agave nectar? I'm a syrup collector. I buy things that I think I should eat, then I don't know what to do with them. Will it work in my coffee instead of sugar?

The most important purchase from Whole Paycheck was their Seeduction Bread. Ro & I are addicted to it. It is like our personal brand of heroin (Dear male readers: That line is a Twilight reference). You see the half consumed loaf? That is the quantity Ro and I managed to eat during my 25 minute commute from day care. And I have to tell you - we were equal partners in crime. He's a Seeduction junkie!


Seeduction puts a smile on his face.
It encourages him to read,
and it makes him stick huge chunks of bread in his mouth and make funny faces for the camera. Perfect!


More food posts coming up - I have food on my mind :)

2 comments:

wildtomato said...

I use agave syrup everywhere I would use sugar: coffee, baking (remember to compensate for the extra liquid the syrup adds to a recipe), and mixed drinks. ;)

Clarese said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... Seeduction. Oh, to have a Wholefoods close by.