Thursday, April 2, 2009

Local yummies

Last Saturday at the Farmer's Market I chose to delight my senses by indulging in two very sinful goodies. I bought myself a cupcake from Hill Country Cupcakes and a box of 6 truffles from Edis' Chocolates (that's where she puts the apostrophe - don't blame me!).

The cupcake I bought was lemon-blackberry and I chose to eat it then and there. My problem with most cupcakes is that they are too sweet and usually I tend to special order with less sugar. Same was the case for these - too sweet. However, they had some of the best flavor selection I've seen in cupcakes.

On to the truffles... I tasted her espresso truffle at the market, and I was sold. I've eaten 3 out of my 6 in the last week, and the flavors were: espresso, chocolate & vanilla. So far, all 3 have been delicious and moist. I have Grand Marnier, caramel and hazelnut left in my box. I enjoyed the vanilla one today, with a giant cup of chai made by MrM.



Chai in our new favorite cup - a Portuguese creation from World Market.


2 comments:

wildtomato said...

Yum! I'm wondering if that cupcake place is the same as the cupcake trailer I visited in Travis Heights. We tried to order some cupcakes to bring as gifts, but all the interesting flavors were sold out!

Leesie said...

Yum, I love chai and those goodies look way good! We are at least a month, probably more, away from any farmer's market and the like here in New Yawk *sigh*