Friday, April 10, 2009

Grilled peppers stuffed with risotto

I just realized I had left this post as "draft" forever. Here is an awesome meal we had recently.

Step 1: Fire roasted bell peppers
Step 2: Halved and seeded
Side: Oven roasted potatoes on a bed of blanched curly kale
Step 3,4,5,6: Bell halves stuffed with butternyt squash risotto from the previous day, a slice of tomato and some dry parm on a few of them.
Step N: Sauce made of leftover butternut squash, pear & ginger soup, with chopped scallions, tons of chilli powder, and finely diced tomatoes.

This was really an awesome meal. I enjoyed my risotto much more in the peppers than I did as-is.

2 comments:

wildtomato said...

What a good way to use up leftovers! I always want to do something with my leftover risotto, but I usually end up eating it for breakfast.

Clarese said...

That looks fabulous! I wish I had some skillz in the kitchen.