I've been a busy bee lately. You could call me over-subscribed, but I prefer not to use that word since it suggests I have limits ;-)
As some of you know, I got my pilot's license (again) about 4 years ago. But I have hardly had any airtime in the last two years, pretty much since I got pregnant. I didn't need the extra incentive to get nauseous. MrM meanwhile switched to flying out of a different club, which made it much harder for me to keep up since we were no longer doing trips in the planes I was checked out on.
Fastforward to this month. I finally got my act together, called an instructor and started flying again. I had my first flight with her on a Cessna 172. She was very happy with my skills and signed off my Biannual Flight Review (aka BFR) right away. Sadly we ran out of time and didn't complete the pre-requisites for being a club member. This means one more instructor-led flight, but that is okay with me since it is after all a whole new plane for me. Yes, yes, me being me, I am bummed we couldn't wrap it all up in one day :)
Perhaps the days of shooting aerial photographs will be back now! I have a huge list of to-dos in my life and it is a relief to see progress on long-forgotten fronts.
2 comments:
That is so cool! It must be fun to be up there, flying.
Scary. I can't even look at a picture of heights without developing a case of vertigo. It's really that bad. Kudos to you and anyone who can do it.
Post a Comment