I sent it off with some mini satin rosebuds that she could choose to sew on if the purse went to her toddler daughter instead.
Here is the back view. The purse is probably about 3"x6" (didn't measure it) and intended to be clutched. It has a strap to go over your wrist since women with kids never know when they need to clutch a falling baby instead.
It is based on this pattern by DROPS studio. Not sure if being a Ravelry member is required to access the link. However, I made several huge changes.I used worsted weight cotton yarn - it was all I had and I wasn't going shopping in Christmas week! So I used a larger F hook. I made the purse smaller. I added a closing flap (design is for an open purse) and button. Please only use my pattern if you are okay with making things up as you go along. Since I didn't count my stitches precisely and modified it at whim, this isn't a textbook pattern. It is party done on the round and partly not.
For the base, follow the pattern as directed, except I started with 16ch and not 18 and did only 6 rows (rounds) rather than 12.
For the top half, I switched stitches (popcorn sounded confusing). Crocheting on the round:
Row 1: 2 st, (skip 2 sc, dc into next sc, 2 st, dc into same sc as before) repeat till last 4 sc. 2 st, sl into top of first dc.
Row 2: 2 st, 3 dc into 2-ch gap, (4 dc into next 2-ch gap) repeat. Sl to join top of first dc.
Row 3: Row 1
Row 4: Row 2
Now work only on the closing flap, crocheting row1/row2 patterns but back & forth across one side only rather than on the round. Decrease by one "fan" pattern every time. I did 4 more rows like this. Tie off.
Strap: Three chains worked into body of purse on the side. Row: (turn, 1 st, dc into each ch below) repeat for desired length. Tie off and sew to body or crochet into body.
Chain for the button loop. Sew on button. You are done! This pattern is terribly approximate and I apologize for that. If I had the time, I would make the purse once more and not confuse you all so much!
1 comment:
How pretty! You are a sweet friend...
Post a Comment