Quick - what does Onomatopoeia mean? Do you know it? Fine, then you have better language retention than I do.
onomatopoeia: the naming of a thing or action by a vocal imitation of the sound associated with it (as buzz, hiss) [and meep!]
I keep making songs for RoRo because it makes us both smile. My latest song is punctuated with a lot of "meep meep"s. I asked MrM if he knew where that sound originated, and his guess was Bugs Bunny. I couldn't find any relevant info (lacking Googlefu today) but I did come across a description of "meep" calling it an onomatopoeic word. Which led to some more googling and things that should never have been forgotten were once again brought to life. One word to rule them all, and in the darkness MEEP them. Oh wait -that's another story :)
Do you have forgotten words you want to share?
1 comment:
"Meep" could be from the Road Runner. He used to say, "Meep! Meep!" Or "Meep" could be from Beaker on The Muppet Show.
Post a Comment