Friday, May 16, 2008

Frilly scrubbie - almost a dishcloth!

On the morning I went into labor, I made a deal to swap a crochet dishcloth with wildtomato. About an hour later, as I was sitting staring at my dismal collection of yarn (baby blue, baby yellow or the deeper yellow & rusty red I picked for my lion amigurumi), my back really started to hurt. I fretted - this could be labor and I'll never finish the dishcloth! 

Given my boring yarn and impending labor, I decided to make something smaller and faster - a frilly scrubbie. I pulled out the rusty red yarn that will go into my lion's mane and made my first knot. 3 chains later, I was on the floor on all fours screaming "Ow Ow Ow". Pixel came by to see what is wrong, didn't find anything odd about his momma rolling on the floor, and ran away with my ball of yarn. MrM didn't know whether to help me or rescue the yarn. I started yelling "Ow! Pixel, Leave It! Ow!". In about 45 seconds, normalcy was restored. I stashed my yarn and needle in my crochet bag (the tote I made a few weeks ago), printed out a copy of the pattern to take to the hospital, and called it a day.

The first 3 rows of the scrubbie were made at the hospital and I did the remaining rows and hanging chain this week. Mission accomplished! I finished something! I was so happy and then my bubble burst. I am sorry to tell you, wildtomato, that I am not allowed to drive for some more time. So it will be another week till I can even mail out this lesser cousin of a dishcloth. I'll make it up to you when life is normal again and I can buy some fun yarn that won't look like a red wall of bricks when crocheted! Meanwhile, you can stare at this from afar :))



1 comment:

wildtomato said...

Wow, I'm honored to get your labor scrubbie! It looks like some deep sea creature (a good thing), and it's my favorite color, too! I have a couple of things for you, but they won't be done for at least another week. :)