I'm sitting in the middle of a very peaceful scene right now. I'm on my bed nursing RoRo, Pixel is lying to my right and Kuttu is on the floor right next to the bed.
Different day, similar scene - Pixel cozies up with RoRo in MrM's lap, while Kuttu hangs out at his feet


The dogs have accepted their new brother into the family, and I have this feeling of just hanging out in the bedroom with all my kids. But what makes it all work? It is Superman!!
The thing nobody prepares you for during pregnancy is how terribly useless you will become (except in your capacity as a mom) as soon as you deliver! You can't lift anything heavier than your baby, you can't drive for 2 weeks and you can't walk the dogs. So MrM has worn his red cape (thankfully spared me the red underwear) and started working his magic.
He trained the dogs to just settle in and hang out when we are with Ro. He does the groceries (and does them again when I announce I forgot to add yogurt to his list), he runs the dogs, he changes all diapers at night so that I can drop to sleep right after nursing, and he fixes the oven.
Yes! He fixes ovens! Our oven lost all power after the last cleaning cycle I ran. So MrM pulled out its repair manual, pulled out the circuits (pictures to follow in a day) and pin-pointed the culprit - a blown thermal fuse. Apparently the thermal fuse is a weakness of the model we have. He has ordered the parts and will be repairing it. Mmm.. a man who repairs ovens is hot. Broiling hot! So lets raise our glasses to MrM - man of the hour, Superman of the house. Since I don't say it often enough, I'll say it in my blog - Thank you MrM. You rock.
Promised pic of oven fixing action:

4 comments:
your pictures are all so sweet. Congratulations on your little RoRo, he is beautiful
Your family is so wonderful. RoRo is lucky to grow up with such great bread brudders and terrific parents. Congratulations.
Awwww, nothing is better than having a supportive partner. I miss mine and cannot wait until he returns!
Mingus, in his attempt to prove the boy isn't the only one with super powers, tried to fly through our back fence yesterday. Lovely.
Mingus is hilarious. Kuttu tried that stunt many years ago while staying with his buddy Junnu and they managed to break a glass door. Geniuses, I tell you. :)
Post a Comment