Siggi is similar to Total Fage, if you have had that. Its taste is a little more tangy and it comes in a few fruity flavors as well. It is very mildly sweetened (so mild that you question whether it is sweetened) with agave nectar for those with sugar spike issues.
In my latest purchase, I bought Orange-Ginger and Pomegranate-Passion Fruit. I've also tried Vanilla, plain and Blueberry in the past.




The biggest deal for me is the amount of protein in packs (16g per cup), low total sugar (10g compared to the 17-20g that most smaller cups have) and no artificial anything. There is a lot to love about a simple ingredient list.


I've also been on the search for more low fat, low sugar (but no sweeteners) cereal, and was surprised to find myself liking this mildly sweet, very whole-grain cereal. The grains are all puffed to an airy, crunchy consistency and I love snacking on this.
Look how pretty the grains are!

Look how pretty the grains are!
I also found a no-HFCS alternative for the frosted shredded wheat stuff that Ro snacks on in the car. Whole Foods makes their own version of the cereal that tastes just as good or bad (dep on who you ask) as the other stuff, and I don't have to feel guilty about feeding Ro HFCS.
I'm still on a quest to eradicate canned acidic stuff (canned tomatoes, pineapples, etc) from my pantry after reading about the BPA content of the resins leaching into the food. More on that as I find good alternatives (other than always cooking and eating fresh fruit & veggies).
2 comments:
I will have to look for the yogurt! I wonder if they sell them at TJs since I don't do WF. Yum!
I tried to find that yogurt at a store around here, but no luck! I love Fage, so I'm thinking this will be just as good!
Post a Comment