Well, the biggest two things up front: He peed on his red Ikea potty. Whee! If we ask him whether he wants to pee on his potty, he runs to the guest room and waits to be stripped. Then he sits down and puts in great effort into squeezing some pee out. Today I asked daycare to start taking him to the bathroom for pee breaks. Of course, they have a mini WC style pot, so who knows if Ro would have fallen in as I am typing this...
The other big news is the start of his transition to his big-boy bed. We set up a queen mattress on the floor (less height to fall off from) and put a little tent up on it. He loves his tent! When he wakes up, we take him from his crib and cuddle in there, so once in a while he now asks to sleep in there. When he wakes up in his crib he hands us each and every stuffed toy he went to bed with, asks for it to be put in the tent, and then crawls in there. I love it!
He's stopped saying "ya" and now says "yes" when answering in the affirmative. Not only that, he drawls the vowel out to make a mutant Anglo-German "jaa-es" sound. My weeks of training colors have finally started paying off - he asked me for a blue ball yesterday when I handed him a red one. Woot! He also knows to ask to eat. A Naakh (snack) is his new generic food word used to ask for a snack or any meal. Green beans (Bees!) are again the top favorite food and he asks to eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On principle, I refuse to provide them at breakfast :)
I'll end this post with a couple of valentine candy pictures I took of my little pooper. It was his first candy (and he hasn't had any since) - you should have seen how his eyes lit up after the first lick!
Saying "no" and turning away when I asked to have it back
Contemplative candy mood
Candy makes him run with joy
No comments:
Post a Comment