Sunday, March 22, 2009

Viscous dogs

No, that's not a typo. I like pitbulls and it is safe to say I have never met one that I didn't like or one that wasn't syrupy sweet (and hence the blog title). In fact, the ones that I have met have been responsible for ridding me of my media-induced fear of the breed.

I asked my pitbull owning friends to send me a couple of pictures of their dogs to post here. The pictures, dogs, babies - none of them are mine, but they are here for fun and to stick my tongue out at a certain someone. You know who you are. :)

The first 4 pictures showcase Spencer, one of Kuttu's first friends.

Sweet siblings
(The above picture was taken by photographer Pat Boyd and is reproduced here with her consent)
Dental exam 
(Okay, not Spencer, but his buddy in this one)
Spencer makes a nice pillow
Playing ball with her Spenc


My! What pretty lips you have, Betty!
(Betty is the first lady of Kadillac Kennels and has more titles than I can wrap my brain around)

That's it for now. If you really insist, I'll do another of these "other people's dogs" posts again. And if you want your dog featured, let me know!

2 comments:

Leesie said...

Just so sweet...is all I can say. A celebrity pit that quickly comes to mind is Rachael Ray's Isaboo.
I remember the Michael Vick dogs, most of which have been rehabilitated, if not all. This is what so-called humans do to this breed and give it the bad wrap that it gets.

Great post!

Stephanie Feisty Davis said...

I'm so proud of Betty and of all my pit bulls. They are amazing companions and good Ambassadogs for their breed. Thank you for honoring that!

I've had the pleasure of meeting several of the former Vick dogs. What a great bunch. They didn't need to be rehabbed in the traditional sense, they just needed OUT OF THERE! Once they got out and got a shot at real life, their true souls got to shine!