Kuttu loves to fetch and the first few fetches were beautiful. He was perfect, better than before, and brought the ball back all the way to me every time. After about 10 or so tosses, I noticed his gait had changed. He was limping and trying not to jam his front left leg. Why did I forget? He is only 6 and has the early beginnings of arthritis on his shoulder. The vet couldn't believe that we saw him limp, but he took Xrays in Jan and there was proof. We stopped our game, me with a heavy heart. Kuttu is my little baby boy and it hurts to see him age. Six is so young to restrict a pup to swimming & slow walks. :(
Here he is, just a few months ago. Look at him go!

Give me more, momma!
I love him so much.
4 comments:
What a sad post! Poor Kuttu.
Feel so bad for Kuttu. How do you pronounce his name, is it Kut-tu (Kut-2) or Ku-ttu (Coo-too)? Does it mean something? It's a beautiful name no matter. xo Leesie & Riley
P.S. Hi RoRo!
Leesie - Kuttu is pronounced Kut-2, where the "ut" in "Kut" is identical to the word "put". In Tamil, the word kutti means small, and Kuttu is a derived endearment meaning The Little One. Some day I will find and post pictures from his puppyhood and the name will make total sense :)
The funny thing is that Indians who speak Hindi think his name is derived from the Hindi word "Kutta/Kutti" (with a soft "t" like in "pith", unlike how I say his name) which means dog/bitch. I have to correct them too. LOL!
...sweet ;o)
Post a Comment