MrM's friend from work loaned us his awesome Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens for a day and I went crazy taking dog pictures. These came out much better than the baby pictures since it took a while for me to get a hang of low light portraits. Every dog has its day... the baby will have his later :) Well, I can highly recommend springing for this lens if you have the spare change and are not already going over your shopping budget longing for super automatic espresso machines.




3 comments:
Wonderful pictures! You captured begging lab eyes perfectly - I've overwhelmed by the urge to give treats to Kuttu and Pixel :)
i just went to new orleans for a week and only shot with 2 lenses the whole time- 50mm and 85mm. i decided i only shoot with primes and need something wider. is the 30 awesome? or do you think even wider like 22? or maybe, you shoot nikon and the discussion is moot:P i'm a canon :)
-gk
I do shoot with a Nikon :)
The 30mm was awesome. It was great for the dogs and for still life around home. The baby came out better with my 50mm, which is all manual and leaves me squinting after a while!
Post a Comment