Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So many changes!

We've had so many changes in the past few days that I've had no time to keep things updated here! First off, RoRo has started cereal. He gets 1 tbsp (yes, just one tablespoon) of rice cereal mixed in with milk or forumla, twice a day. Grandma has trained him to eat from a spoon and he is doing fabulously. He is reacting to "Aaa" and "Mmm" by opening and closing his mouth on cue. This little guy is a wonder baby!

Notice how I slipped the word formula in the above post? That's the other big change. It was a bigger deal for me emotionally to admit defeat in the demand vs supply battle of breastmilk, than it was for Ro to start drinking formula. I went through lots waves of guilt and inadequacy till I realized the baby was happy getting forumla, doing well on it, and it took away the burden of counting decreasing ounces every time I pumped. About 1/3 of his total intake is formula right now. It has done funny things though, like turn him into a confused belly-up T-Rex:

Ha! And the final big change in our baby's life is daycare! He started daycare part time last week. He is doing his first full day today. All this is in preparation of grandma's visit coming to an end. I spend a few minutes playing with him after we reach day care, and he regularly smiles at me and looks happy. Our friends have been helping out with half-day pickups, making for a very smooth easing in. Here is Ro at home, saying he is happy as long as he has toys to play with :)
His latest conversational skill is squealing. He shrieks with happiness like a bird and squeals his little head off. This is his face mid-squeal.
And this is his regular sweetie-pie face.
With all these changes going on, we completed painting two more walls of Ro's room. Three down, one to go! Whee! Apparently I didn't dog-proof the room well because Kuttu managed to sport this paint beard. Notice the spot of white (it is a pale green) on his chin? Its hard to tell because of his coloring, but all that should be black isn't quite black on his chin! Click on the pic for a larger version - it is much easier to see. I guess my dog inhales paint. Arf! And with that, I close today's news report from chez M&M.

No comments: