Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Keep Austin Weird

An Austin day for the family! "Keep Austin Weird" has been somewhat of a city slogan for Austin. Ever since I was pregnant with Ro I had been jonesing for a "Keep Ro Weird" shirt for myself. Now that he is here, I decided he needed this outfit to be a true Austinite! I have many pictures of him in this shirt but it is quite a chore to photoshop "RoRo" over his name on all of them. So I picked the silliest two in both of which he is sporting hats made by auntie wildtomato.

Weird Aviator
Weird Tomato
(he has finally outgrown this one)


We went to the Capitol gardens for a stroll. A lot of streets were closed in preparation for a race and the first stalls up were beer stalls. How telling! The capitol area was nice and green (our tax dollars at work!)
We happened upon this ceremony. What are they doing? Did she get married in a blue dress? I would be totally into that since I got married in blue too!

We packed our footsies and headed over to Hula Hut, an Austin staple eatery by the lake

Be careful attacking their pier at night. It is guarded!
The food is good and well worth the lake view from their patio. Their veggie burger, which was something more substantial and restaurant made than the GardenBurger brand burgers you usually get (I have them in my own freezer, thankyouverymuch)


Salad & quesadilla combo plate. Mine had mangoes and chile. Yummy!

It was great to have a long weekend. I've been working for 4 weeks now and I keep counting days to the weekend. I can't sleep in any more since I have a baby to feed, but at least I can snuggle with him all day.

PS: This post also constitutes a very positive review for SpreadShirts Inc where I had Ro's outfit made. The fabric is soft and printed with very good quality. The product was made & delivered all within a week. The size was a little wide and barely long enough, and this makes sense because Ro is below avg on weight and above avg on height for his age.

1 comment:

wildtomato said...

"Keep RoRo Weird" - love it!

I cannot wait to pinch his little cheeks! He looks so adorable in those hats.