Monday, October 1, 2012

Celebration hole

For close to a year now, I've been thinking of getting a second set of holes in my ear. After my race on Saturday, I decided I had spent enough months contemplating this and it was time to do it. I was feeling celebratory since I had walked 10mi after having had intense hip pain for the two prior weekends. So the piercing celebrated a bit of my "yes I can" spirit.

I wasn't sure whether to go high on the cartilage, or stay close to my existing hole. I finally chose a point about 1/3 way up from my lobe. Mostly because the cartilage piercings are supposed to hurt a lot more, and take longer to recover. Have I mentioned I don't like to inflict pain on myself?


 I entertained the woman at Claire's by fake-screaming after the stud was in. "Aaaa! You made a hole in me!". She looked understandably concerned :) Single ear - right ear only, since I use my phone on the left ear and didn't want it to hurt while talking for the next few weeks.  1/3CT CZ white gold stud. I feel so fancy.