Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lighthouse Hill Ranch 10 mi race


A few weeks ago, I made a plan that involved doing a trail 10mi race in Sep, a half marathon in Nov, and possibly a 25K trail event in Dec. Dec is in question, but I did the 10 mile trail race yesterday.

I use the word "race" loosely, since I tend to be the only person walking at these running events. But hey, what's a broke-back girl to do?

Here I am, all rain-jacket and pigtails, being sassy at the start line. The finish clock was showing 20 minutes, and I thought it would be funny to have a picture in front of it. Of course, the time didn't register in this amazingly unsharp iPhone pic :)



The race was beautiful, though extremely muddy in parts. There were exactly two people who finished the 10mi after me. So yes, I was slow. But guess what? I placed 5th in my age group. I guess women in their thirties weren't doing this race, or sticking with the serious distances of 20mi or the 50K. I was in great spirits at the finish (as I am after every long walk). Here is a picture of me pretend-angry. Everyone there was taking iPhone pics for each other - what a low key community! And yes, I do rock the orange compression sleeves, thank you for noticing :)


What? I have a giant hole in my stomach through which you can see the dirt? Worry not, it is just to save the wold wide interwebs from my true race ID :) Fastest split was a 13:40 min/mile, at mile 3 and mile 10. Slowest was at mile 8, when my hips asked me to slow down to 16:25. Finish time of 2 hours and 27 minutes, average pace of 14:44 per minute.  Onward and forward!

3 comments:

Mary Sue said...

Great job! I'm glad you were able to finish and were only "pretend angry" at the end :) You're the fastest walker I know!

Meredith said...

Congrats on another great race! I love your orange compression sleeves!

Molly said...

Great job out there! You looked adorable!