Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Souffle quick pic

I found two pics I took of the cauliflower souffle, so I had to share.



I haven't made anything cool in the kitchen since then. I plan on trying out macarons with my talented baker friend Renee. She is the person who whipped up such treats as Ro's school bus & stop sign cupcakes for his second birthday. If you have to bake macarons, it is best to find a cooking partner who is significantly more experienced than you :)

In other kitchen news, I've been on a serious veggie kick lately, making a lot of oven roasted veggies. Nearly everything lends itself to roastin, leaving my hands free for playing with the zoo. Even stuff like the butternut squash soup I recently made - I roasted the squash, garlic and shallots in the oven, only combining them in the end to puree. Part of this vegetable eating spree is why I've been blogging about food lately. I need to be creative about cooking after work when Ro is home, the dogs are excited to have humans back after 9 hours, and I just want to kick back and have a wine. Somehow, the ease of roasting veggies in the oven makes it all possible.


No comments: