The chat group I participate in has an annual gift exchange where we get assigned to be someone's Secret Santa and go shopping for them based on information they've shared about themselves. Every year, I put together a little box of sweet treats, or jewelry, or books, etc. Every year I receive a package with treats or knitted goodies or doggie toys that add cheer to my home. This gift exchange is usually my sole holiday gift exchange and I look forward to it starting in October.
These days when I enter my neighborhood, I see at least one house lined with cars, people with wine glasses milling inside warmly glowing rooms. It is a scene made to order for the Disney kid with ratty shoes and a coal covered face, sticking her nose on the cold glass of the happy windows.
My solution for this emptiness of December has been to work a lot. I have photo shoots scheduled for every weekend till Christmas, bought myself a new Wii game (Just Dance 2) and have been reading magazines and books like there is no tomorrow. I've also been buying so many things for Ro that sometimes a package arrives and I am surprised to see the contents - I can't keep track of what I have bought and what I still need to buy. Holidays are indeed a weird time. Next year I think we'll spend them in Germany.
To not be a debbie-downer, I'm going to end this post with a picture of bed-headed Ro in my studio.
1 comment:
Awwww! I wish we could share some holiday cheer with you! I hope everything is OK.
Post a Comment