I've been rather active in the kitchen lately. Some of the yummy things you all need to eat:
Peanut sauce (for use with Chicken satay):
I made the recipe as written (how odd!). It was awesome!
Cookies:
Raspberry Swirls (I added 3 tbsp butter more than indicated, based on user reviews)
Anise cookies (I skipped the sesame)
Something on my to-do list: semifreddo
Appetizers:
Pigs with Fig
Even better than that were the pancetta wrapped dates (no recipe) I made in the oven. I loved them! Easy to make with pancetta rolls sliced, unrolled to look like proscuitto parma slices, and then wrapped around dates.
And real food:
Chicken Tagine
I'm pretty sure I did NOT make this as written. I skipped the cinnamon powder and honey. I cut back on the oil. And I subbed apricots with dates because that was all I had. I added cumin powder and cayenne. I didn't use cilantro leaves since MrM doesn't like them. The end result was delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment