You know how sometimes you hear someone say or write something and you just like the way it sounds? Then you try saying it yourself and work on adapting it into your daily word use? (If this hasn't happened to you, maybe you should stop talking and listen to others for a change :-P )
I recently read "You're da bomb, diggity" on someone's page (sadly not referring to me), and I thought it sounded like a fun thing to say. I dropped the "diggity" and spent my commute telling Ro "You're da bomb, baby!".
Now you would think this kind of thing would end sweetly with him telling me "You're da bomb, mama", but mine is no ordinary life. We stopped at the grocery store on our way home and as soon as we got out of my car, Ro screamed "You're da bomb, car". And then "You're da bomb, cart". "You're da bomb, bag". Its a wonder we got out of there without a bomb squad descending on us. I'm sure there is a lesson in this somewhere...
1 comment:
Oh dear. I hope you're not planning on flying commercial any time soon!!
Post a Comment