Saturday, September 25, 2010

Segway, Kindle, whatnot

Its been a bountiful week for me. I got myself a few toys (not a Segway) and got to ride a borrowed toy.

One of my birthday gifts to myself was a wi-fi kindle.

Its a highly addictive method for reading since you can have any book the moment you want it. I have read two books on it in the last 2 weeks - What the Dead Know and Kindred. I managed to read Kindred in 3 days. It was highly addictive and the compulsion of having a kindle app on my iTouch made it impossible to let a moment go by without peeking at the book. This is a toy I'm sure I'll enjoy.

To make the week more fun: We had gift cards from our friends (given many months ago) for a Segway ride of Austin. We realized we hadn't used them yet and I booked a "Ghost Tour" ride of Austin. I had no idea we had any haunted (or presumably haunted) building here, but apparently The Driskill and the City Hall are two of the famous haunted areas in Austin. It was beautiful zipping across the pedestrian bridges after sunset and watching lights over the lake. MrM was quite the Segway'er and seemed ready to attempt a slalom course. If it only cost one digit less, I would buy him one for his birthday! Thanks for a very cool gift, D&M - we both enjoyed our ride very much!

I've been collecting a few more toys this month and I'll post reviews on them as I get to use them all. 

No comments: